Expert level Videographer and Video Production Engineer with almost two decades of experience in video creation and multimedia project management. Specializing in camera operations, video shoots, and video editing. A strong history of planning shoots, coordinating with videography teams and recording live and studio events.
· 4K Videography
· Audio Production
· Aerial Cinematography
· Video Production & Management
· Multimedia Production & Management
· Lighting & Chromakey
· Pre & Post-Production
· Script Writing
· Location Scouting & Prop Staging
· Motion Graphics
· Graphic Design – Print & Digital
· Web Design
· Team & Project Management / Oversight
· Project Staffing & Hiring
· Talent Management
Adobe Creative Suite – Photoshop, Illustrator, Apple Final Cut Pro X, Logic Pro X and Motion, Sony NEX FS-700 4K with Shogun Inferno external capture, Sony Alpha 7R DSLR w/ Tamron Lenses, Lowel Mobile Light Kits, Sennheiser/Shure Microphones, Universal Audio DAW, YUNEEC Typhoon Aerial Cinema Drone, Portable Chromakey Kit
Creative Director, Videographer & Video Production Engineer
Six 5 Creative
Akron, OH / Dallas, TX
2006 – Present
· Create audio, visual, music, optical, and special effects to align plot, score, sound, and graphics into a complete product.
· Set up systems and controls to operate computer editing, electronic titling processes, video switching equipment, and digital video effect software to produce the final product.
· Deliver post-production assets by composing each shot and applying technical aspects of light, lenses, and filters to achieve the required effects.
· Conceptualization, storyboarding, preparing projects for editing, post-production, acquiring and documenting music rights, adding graphics and color-grading to videos for broadcast, webcast and video streaming animations.
· Create high-end content for corporate promotional videos – conceptualizing, shooting, writing, reporting, interviewing, editing, providing creative input and producing finished media.
· Planning & creation of storyboards, shooting schedules, and editing of approved video footage.
· Create, stage and/or produce professional quality visuals, using video, graphics, and photography.
· Worked with clients on multi-camera shoot types including corporate, broadcast, and promotional videos in studio, live and green screen scenarios.
· Plan and manage shot sequences while ensuring seamless and smooth cuts.
· Plan lighting and mic placement to deliver high-quality sound and video assets.
· High touch approach with clients on all levels, developing trust through ongoing collaborative work with the production team, project stakeholders and client executives.
Designer / Developer, Multimedia, Videography & Graphic Design
The Carson Group
2002 – 2006
· Graphic design for print advertising for well-known national brands.
· Identification of strategic business opportunities using content creation to benefit the client, presenting to stakeholders and executives.
· Managed, led and oversaw small projects, providing project vision, and guidance for design, architecture, strategy and digital transformation.
· Consistently achieved a high level of client satisfaction by providing customers with creative, compelling, and impactful solutions that addressed their business priorities.
· Worked with the team to create high-quality, unique, compelling content to represent the brand and product offerings through video and still photography.
· Developed promotional content in advance of special events, shooting signature events involving evenings, weekends and holidays.
· Created and edited content for various distribution mediums for television and web media.
· Supported and participated in the development of strategic project planning to support client objectives.
· Participated in the brainstorming and creation of concepts for print, TV and web projects.
· Translated abstract concepts into functional graphic and video outcomes.
· Worked closely with a fully collaborative team of designers and management throughout project design and development activities.
· Assisted in project planning by recommending design approaches, plus time and cost estimates.
· Front end web development, including graphics, CSS, Flash and HTML.
Content Creator, Multimedia Development & Graphic Design
Bowling Green, OH
2000 – 2002
· Maintained video equipment assets, both hardware and software.
· Collaborated with the station’s content coordinator and graphics department manager
to create on-screen graphics for live news broadcasts.
· Produced a Flash-based multimedia presentation to showcase the history of WBGU-TV.
· Voice Over
· Script Writing
· Joshua Surgeon – Thirsty (2018) Writer, Vocalist, Guitarist & Producer
· Joshua Surgeon – Let the Bold Die Old (2015) Writer, Vocalist, Guitarist & Producer
· Drenalin – Ground Zero (2009) Co-Writer, Vocalist & Producer
· Drenalin – Self-Titled (2007) Co-Writer, Vocalist & Producer
Bowling Green State University
Bachelor of Arts
· Visual Communications Technology